Weddings in the woods with distinction and style
A convenient and scenic 23-minute drive from Chattanooga, our 32 private, wooded acres offer a range of rocky, mossy mountainside and old growth trees. As a destination venue for a maximum of 115 guests, we include everything you need to make your wedding magical: handcrafted tables and beautiful real wood chairs, an extensive, curated collection of plates and glassware, backdrops and arbors. Professional planning services combined with our full service approach and commitment to sustainability make planning and designing your event a breeze -- and our entire process is designed to help you procure the very best for your wedding.
The Mountainside Site
Adjacent to the mossy, rocky shoulder of Lookout Mountain is the Mountainside Site, which offers seating for up to 100 guests if laid out with the trail behind, and 60 if you wish the boulders to be your backdrop.
As both ceremony locations are open to be used as flex space, the Mountainside site's convenient location right behind the barn has made it a great location for cocktail hour lounges, alpacas & horses, elaborate selfie stations, tents, bands and incredible dance floors... whatever your imagination dreams up!
The Forest View Site
Located just steps from the Cottage, the Forest View is completely swathed in leafy forest from mid-April through Mid-November and offers the perfect sunset ceremony location with a view of the next mountain range in winter months
This site is roomy, offering seating space for 115 guests, a band (if you wanted) a bar/seating lounge with which to greet your guests... and still have space left over.
Many couples have chosen to say their vows at the Mountainside site, and have dinner out under the lights in this location -- an absolutely magical experience.
The Stable Barn
Not what you think of as a barn, though it was a working barn until we bought it in 2016. Goats and chickens lived here, there was hay in the loft, and for a brief while, horses lived in the space as well. Working with what was here, we poured the floor, added details, removed walls and stalls, painted, built, and designed new doors to let in light, and added HVAC to keep your guests comfortable. The basic shell of the space is meant to be a blank slate, ready to dress up or down as you see fit.
The barn doubles as your backup plan for rain, and we will always have discussed a Rain Plan with you. For added cover, we also have our own 20x40 clear tent that can be added to your package.
For a Saturday or Thursday wedding, imagine waking up already onsite surrounded by your friends. Greet the deer first thing in the morning, maybe do a little yoga on the deck, then get ready onsite over mimosas or coffee while our staff begins setup of your event.
For a Sunday or Monday wedding, the Cottage can be a soft ending to your wedding day, utterly convenient to say goodnight to your guests and shut the door so you can get as much rest as possible before leaving for your honeymoon in the morning.
*We are remodeling! The front steps and surrounding walkways are getting a major facelift - follow us on Instagram for updates!
- A Wedding Planner, or Month of Coordinator. In Fall 2024, all weekend packages include a Planner, and Monday/Thursday packages include a Month of Coordinator.
- Set up, Staff, and Clean Up: We handle the setup of everything that belongs to us, and that's a lot. We set up the tables and chairs, the glassware and plateware, the ceremony areas, rugs, lounges and more. Our staff welcomes your guests and shuttles them from the lot to your event, and as the event progresses, we'll bus the tables, sort the recycling, and handle the end of night cleanup.
- An Onboarding Meeting so you have a fresh walk-through of the spaces and have a clear idea of "what's next."
- Parking attendant and Shuttle Service for you and your guests to and from the parking area to the event spaces onsite.
- You may opt to have Professional Wedding Design services added to your package -- offering help with color combinations, creating breathtaking settings and details, ideas for surprising your guests, and attention to details to make your wedding... yours.
Our handmade farm tables have been retired from outdoor dining use in the Forest View site due to heavy wear and tear. We have an even better option with high-quality tables in both 8' long and 60" round for more options and are so excited to come up with allllllll the amazing linen combinations from White Table with our extensive color glassware collection to have even more amazingly beautiful table setting than ever before.
- As part of our dedication to sustainable weddings, all weddings include our extensive collection of plates, glassware and flatware. We have amassed all sorts of vintage and new glassware in all colors, including specialty glasses for port or champagne.
- Rugs, arbors, votives, tall candleholders with hurricane shields, outdoor heaters, easels and more are all, always, part of our included options.
- The Head Over Heels package also includes our Lounge Furniture pieces, napkins and cocktail linens from White Table Specialty Linens, uplighting, draping, fresh forest greenery in the rafters of the barn, and a few other delights to make your wedding fabulous (other packages may add these things).
- Further optional add-ons include our 20x40 Clear Tent, an 18x18 or 21x21 dance floor, and on-site Rehearsal Dinner.
- Vendors: We have a number of vendors we feel confident you can depend on for exceptional service, and happily suggest vendors we feel would work best for your wedding vision. We do work with new-to-us vendors as long as they are licensed and insured.
- Catering: In Fall of 2024, for quality control reasons, we will only work with caterers who have consistently demonstrated high quality service and culinary excellence. Some caterers begin at $35/per plate, many are around $50/per plate, and some have a $5,000 minimum. Spring 2024 is not under this same restriction.
Ready for a Tour?
Fill out our Contact Form to get current pricing and additional information for your desired wedding season. We are currently booking the remainder of 2024 and the Spring of 2025. Fall 2025 will be released for booking in early April 2024.